Food Bank

The food bank is committed to assisting the Elwha Tribal Community in reducing hunger!

Our food bank is funded through Tribal Funds and the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) a federal program that provides financial support to provide emergency food assistance at no cost. Annual forms and demographic information is required; however, this information is based on self-disclosure only.

The Food Bank is a low-barrier food bank providing food to the LEKT Tribal Community with respect, dignity, equality, and kindness.

Commodity Senior Food Box (CSFP)

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods Eligibility is based on household income.

These boxes are delivered to the Elwha Food Bank, and our Food Bank Coordinator will be delivering them within three days. Delivery to the food bank is on or around the 3rd Friday of the month and will be delivered within 3 days of delivery.

These boxes are pre-boxed; content example: juice, cereal, canned vegetables, milk, cheese

For an application, please contact Dorene Charles at 360-452-8471, Ext. 7690

Contact Information:

Food Bank Coordinator

  • Dorene Charles, 360-452-8471, Ext 7690

Social Services Director

  • Rebecca Sampson-Weed; 360-565-7257, Ext. 7456;

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or    
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.