The Lower Elwha Police Department is devoted to our community by providing excellence in police services. We recognize our responsibility to maintain order and protect the tribal community, residents and visitors to our reservation. We strive to build community partnerships to improve the quality of life in our residential and business neighborhoods.
Leading the Way
The mission of this Agency is to consistently contribute to our tribal community’s reputation as a safe place to live, work, play, learn and visit.
We accomplish our mission through providing the highest quality law enforcement, parole & probation, community information and support services possible within the resources provided to us.
We are perceived as a “go to agency” in the community, as professional, responsive, systematic, adapting rapidly to changes in the tribal community, and as adding value in return for the Tribal / Federal Government dollars with which we are entrusted.
We are accountable to our tribal community for innovative and collaborative efforts that anticipate needs, leverage resources and deliver solutions.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standard of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity and value different perspectives as we work together for the common good.
- Stewardship: We ensure the Tribe’s / Federal Government’s resources are used responsibly to provide the greatest benefit.
- Communication: We listen and engage in an open, honest and timely exchange of information.
We acknowledge that we have read and understand the Mission Statement and Vision of OUR Department, and are working in a manner that best promotes the highest standard of the Lower Elwha Police Department.
- Sam White, Chief of Police
- Jim Thompson, Lieutenant
- Ernest Grimes, Sergeant
- Daniel LaTourette, Corporal
- Alex Hamrick, Officer/Training Manager
- Cody Hesler, Detective
- Nekoda White, Officer
- River Bower, Officer
- Dan Point, Corporal Fish and Wildlife
- Phillip Charles, Officer Fish and Wildlife
- Detavius Woods, Officer Fish and Wildlife
- Rachel Johnson, Office Manager
- Christina Matson, TAP Coordinator
- Shila Moore, Receptionist
- Glen Roggenbuck
Sexual Assault Response Team
- To make a referral 360.452.6252
- After hours 541.526.9256
- Crime Victim Advocate, Jessica Guthrie 360.775.5029
Sex Offender Registry: https://elwha.nsopw.gov/