The LEKT Utility Department is responsible for the management of the Elwha Heights and Lower Elwha Valley Water Systems and the Lower Elwha Valley Wastewater System. The department maintains over 300 thousand gallons of drinkable and emergency water storage and more than 20 miles of distribution, transmission and wastewater pipes. Utility service also includes:
- Monitoring and maintenance of four critical fresh and wastewater pumping stations and treatment facilities.
- Routine testing of potable water that reaches over 259 homes and tribal facilities.
- Comply with EPA, SWDA, IHS regulations and standards.
- Annual Consumer Confidence Reporting.
- 24 hour emergency response/repair.
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of pumps, telemetry, water and wastewater pipes, fire hydrants and water meters.
- Ongoing systems development, upgrade, design and implementation.
- Water conservation education.
We work hard to insure that safe drinking water is delivered to our community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This year we are providing the Elwha Heights and Lower Elwha Valley Consumer Confidence Reports and Water Quality Results electronically below:
If you prefer a printed report, they are available at the Tribal Center main entrance or at Public Works. To request a printed report be mailed to your home contact Karl Majerle, Utilities Manager at 360-565-7272.