Tribal Enrollment

Greetings from the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe’s Enrollment Department

Thank you for inquiring about membership into the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe. It is very important that you understand the regulations set forth by the Tribe determining whether a person is eligible or not to become an enrolled member of the Tribe.

If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply for enrollment into the tribe, please follow and complete the steps listed below or stop by the office for an application. Additional certified documents will be required from you as stated on the application.

Application Process

  1. Submit application, along with an original State certified Birth Certificate to establish parentage. If the applicant becomes a member, the birth certificate remains property of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, however a certified copy can be requested by the member of enrolled parent.
  2. Submit social security card and/or any other documents deemed relevant by the Tribal Enrollment Office.
  3. If the father possesses Lower Elwha Klallam Indian blood and his name does not appear on the birth certificate, a notarized Paternity Affidavit, Court Order of Paternity or DNA results must accompany the application to acknowledge his blood degree.  (This is for enrollment purposes only.)
  4. If the applicant has documentation to verify additional federally-recognized blood quantum, the applicant needs to request from that Tribe

Enrollment Changes

Keeping records up-to-date is very important. Consequently, it is very important that tribal citizens notify the enrollment staff as soon as ​possible to report changes of addresses, changes in marital status, the birth of a child and unfortunately the passing of a tribal citizen.

For more information, please submit your request in the box below or call the Tribal Enrollment Office at 360.452.8471.

Other Resources on Tribal Enrollment