The Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Library is dedicated to serving the information needs of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe and its members. The Library and its resources are available to Tribal members as well as the wider community and specializes in collecting materials by and about Native Americans (both fiction and non-fiction), particularly the peoples of the Northwest Coast. We also have general-interest materials, as well as a collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays including both education films/documentaries and popular movies.
Search Our Catalog
The Library’s catalog is available 24/7 at our online portal: https://15339.rmwebopac.com You can check the availability of items in our collection, and if you create an account by contacting us (information below) you can place holds to pick up later, view due dates, and renew items you already have checked out.
In addition to our collection of books and DVDs, we also provide a number of other services to our patrons:
- Computer lab: Internet access, Microsoft Office, printing and copying services.
- Research assistance: We are always happy to help you find resources for any research projects, whether for school, researching family history, or any other research you may be doing. Contact us for help with your research questions.
- Book suggestions: If you are looking for your next great book but don’t quite know what to read, contact us, tell us a bit about what you like to read, what books you’ve enjoyed in the past, and any other information you think might be helpful and Librarian Jason will make some suggestions for books you might enjoy which, if you like the suggestions, you can then come pick up. You can also opt to receive a surprise selection of books to pick up in a grab bag to add a bit more fun!
- Digital literacy and computer training: We will be offering in-person and virtual training opportunities for digital literacy and computer skills soon. Please check back here and in the Elwha Newsletter for updates.
- Elder book delivery: We are considering starting a new program at the Library which would deliver books to Tribal Elders weekly or as often as necessary. Participants in the program would select books (either through the Library’s web catalog or by contacting us directly) to be delivered to their home and books will be picked up as well when finished. We are currently assessing the feasibility of such a program and would like to hear your feedback to understand how much demand exists for the program. If this sounds like a program you would be interested in participating in, please contact Jason with any feedback you might have.
Location & Hours
- Open: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Closed: Saturday and Sunday, as well as all Tribal Holidays.
We are currently also considering extending our hours to provide more afternoon and evening hours. We would greatly appreciate your feedback concerning this potential change. Please see the June newsletter for more information. We are located in the Education building behind the Tribal Center at 2851A Lower Elwha Road, Port Angeles, WA, 98363.
Special thanks to the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Washington State Library for their continued support!