On March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) was signed into law by the President. Section 9901 of ARPA amended Title VI of the Social Security Act (the Act) to add section 602, which establishes the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund, and section 603, which establishes the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (together, the Fiscal Recovery Funds).
The four categories of eligible uses:
- To respond to the public health emergency or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to households, small businesses, and nonprofits, or aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality;
- To respond to workers performing essential work during the COVID—19 public health emergency by providing premium pay to eligible workers;
- For the provision of government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue due to the COVID—19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the most recent full fiscal year prior to the emergency; and
- To make necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
The Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe has decided to disburse a portion of its funding in one (1) disbursement of $1,200.00 to every Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal enrolled member 18 years of age and older as of June 30th, 2021. This disbursement will support enrolled members directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and help support our membership during the recovery process.
The remaining funds will be allocated to fund the best recovery planning and implementation needed to meet the long-term goals/objectives of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe.
LEKT Tribal enrolled members only must:
- Be 18 years old as of June 30th, 2021.
- Local members: Fill out the required form in person-
Lower Elwha Gymnasium, Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 9am-3pm or complete the enclosed form and return it to Keri Ellis via mail, email, or fax (see below).
- All out-of-area members must complete the enclosed form and return it to (Download the Form Below):
2851 Lower Elwha Rd.
Port Angeles, WA 98363