- As of 11 am this morning (3/10/2020) there are still no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Clallam County.
- The School District Potlatch is postponed indefinitely for the health/safety of the community.
- Inter-Tribal Song and Dance Group has been cancelled for this month by Jamestown
Risk to Individuals
- The people who are at higher risk and may consider staying home when possible:
- People who have chronic diseases
- Pregnant women
- Advanced age (Centers for Disease Control: Older adults and people who have severe chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease seem to be at higher risk for more serious COVID-19 illness. Early data suggest older people are twice as likely to have serious COVID-19 illness.
Threat to us
- LEKT COVID-19 Response team is working every day on a plan for various levels of threat.
- We have a low level of threat since no COVID-19 cases are confirmed in Clallam County.
- If our threat level changes, our strategy will change to meet community needs.
- There IS a plan of action if/when cases are confirmed in our area.
- Elders will be notified and given further instructions if the threat level changes.
- Those who are having severe symptoms (like being short of breath) should seek medical care.
- If someone in your home has symptoms of illness, ask them to self-isolate in a room away from you and others. If that is not possible, wash your hands often and sanitize frequently touched household surfaces.
- There are shortages of hand sanitizing supplies. Please use soap and water to wash your hands when needed.
- COVID-19 is NOT a superbug, it is a regular virus. It can be washed away and regular household cleaners can be used to get rid of it.
Keri Ellis – LEKT , PUBLIC INFORMATION COVID-19 3/10/2020